Imran Khan while speaking in a press conference a while ago stated the poor conditions of the internally displaced people of Waziristan. Imran Khan also visited IDP camps in Banu earlier and met with the displaced people there and learned about the problems they are facing.
Imran Khan Press Conference Video Recording
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Some key statements from Imran Khan’s press conference are as under:
- Imran Khan stressed that the gov must help them move out from the war zone to IDP camps.
- Khan Sahab said that almost 600 thousand people are displaced and they do not have the means to travel and lack of food & water.
- Sindh and Punjab govs should not block the IDPs and should help in this difficult time.
- Central Gov should pay Rs. 6 billion to KPK for supporting the IDPs
- Operation should be paused for the civilians to evacuate the war zone
About Gov crack down on PAT leadership in Pakistan, Imran Khan said tha the Gov is scared from PAT movement against corruption and they are illegally arresting PAT workers.
Tweets About Imran Khan Visiting IDP Camp at BANU
Living on a prayer, abandoned by the state, these nameless IDPs hold a mirror up to all Pakistanis. pic.twitter.com/nHdkwHc2qk
— salman ahmad (@sufisal) June 22, 2014
— Anila Khawaja (@anilakhawaja) June 22, 2014
— Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) June 22, 2014
— KPK Updates (@KPKUpdates) June 22, 2014
— WarAgainstRigging (@Jombie) June 22, 2014